Protecting Your Personal Information
ArtiFolk is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (this used to be called the Data Protection Agency) and fully complies with the eight data protection principles and the applicable UK law, the Data Protection Act 1998.
What does this mean?
The eight principles are that Personal Information must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for specific purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with the rights of the individual
- Kept secure
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area unless there is adequate protection for the information
So that is what we do.
All of the information that you provide to us is kept in accordance with these principles. If you wish to know what data we hold about you at any time, please let us know. We will provide this information within one month of your request, for a small handling and administration fee of £10, payable in advance.
Security of Information with Third Parties
All our information transactions are protected, whether by third parties or ourselves.
As with the majority of websites, if you are using our website, it may save small pieces of text information (called "cookies") on your computer to assist you and us with the buying process. You can force your web browser to reject cookies (see your browser’s help pages), but unfortunately if you do this you will not be able to shop on our site.